Hello, friends!

I have recently returned from my trip to visit family.  My grandmother just turned 100 years old.  Happy birthday to Grandma Pailly!

But today’s post isn’t about that.  Nope.  For today’s post, I have some new artwork to share, artwork that was inspired by that one guy—you know the guy I mean.  I’m talking about that guy in the public restroom who never washes his hands.

Of course I didn’t say anything to that guy.  Instead, I did the most passive aggressive thing I could think of: I made art about the incident and posted it on the Internet.

But I mean, come on!  It’s always gross when people don’t wash their hands after using the restroom.  But seriously, at a time like this?  Seriously?!?

1. Kate Rauner says:

There are plenty of people in denial – too bad for us all. Take care and good luck everyone

It’s true. People need to take this more seriously. That doesn’t mean everyone should panic, but we do need to take this seriously.

• Kate Rauner says:

I just read a social media post where the person said, how dare the governor shut down restaurants and schools. Let people decide for themselves… which reminds me of something else I read (I’m not smart enough to make this up): there are no libertarians during a pandemic.

That’s a good one. I’m a firm believer in personal freedom, but I also believe in personal responsibility. A lot of people say they’re exercising their freedom when actually they’re just being selfish.

2. DB McNicol says:

LOVE this…can I share on my FB page?

3. Someone at work yesterday did a “joke sneeze” on one of their coworkers. If people really want to be blase about their own safety, well, that’s their right. But not respecting other people’s safety, or if they don’t think safety is really at stake, their anxiety, is really starting to piss me off.

Yeah, I’m a little pissed off myself. If I catch this virus, I’ll probably be fine. But if I were to pass this thing on to my 100 year old grandmother or any of my other elderly relatives, they’d probably be dead. So I tried to be extremely cautious during my trip this past weekend, and the carelessness of other people really started getting on my nerves.

• Kate Rauner says:

Joke sneeze?! Very funny – not. People who think this is a hoax… well, I’d say they deserve what they get, but that makes it worse for all of us, so I guess I can’t.

4. emaginette says:

How scary is that? Sad too when I think about what might happen.

Anna from elements of emaginette