Oh my gosh, I won an award! Yay me! A very special thanks to Outside Perception for nominating me for this award, and also thank you to Okoto Enigma for creating this award. According to Enigma’s website:
“Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.
Okay, I’m blushing. Look, I know these kinds of awards are a bit silly, but still it’s nice to be recognized.
So as part of accepting this award, I’m supposed to tell you three facts about myself and then answer five questions from Outside Perception. Here goes:
Three Facts About J.S. Pailly
- For my day job, I work at a local T.V. news station. I can’t say I like my job, but I do pick up a lot of good story ideas for my true passion, which is…
- Writing! Also illustration, and space stuff, but mostly my true passion is writing.
- In 2012/2013, I wrote a series of short stories about a journalist who travels through time. I have a top-secret plan to rewrite and revise these stories and publish them as an ebook. Oh shoot! That was supposed to be a secret!
Five Questions from Outside Perception
1. Tell us about something you used to believe only to find out it was incorrect.
All my life, I’d heard the story about how Albert Einstein failed math. Turns out it’s not true. Apparently Einstein’s school switched grading scales during his final year, so his school records make it look like he failed when in fact he got perfect marks every single year.
2. If given the choice between cake or death, what would it be?
Well, the obvious answer would be cake, but I suspect this is a trick question. You see, I’ve played Portal. I know the cake is a lie. Death might be preferable.
3. What was your imaginary friend’s name and what special skills did they have?
Was? Did? My imaginary friend is still around! She’s asked me to never reveal her true name on the Internet; however, she makes semi-regular appearances on my blog. She’s my muse, and her special skill is inspiration, supposedly.
4. What is your all time most watched movie?
Star Wars. The three original Star Wars movies, to be precise. They’re the only movies I watched obsessively as a kid and still watch obsessively today.
5. When you have down time… (laugh… yah, I know). Okay, if you ever had down time, what would you do?
I’ve been slowly amassing a Lego collection. Most Lego enthusiasts end up building Lego cities. I’d like to do that someday, except rather than a traditional city, I want to build a huge Lego Mars colony.
As part of this award, I’m supposed to nominate a bunch of other people for the award and ask them five questions of my own choosing.
And the Nominees Are:
- What do you want to be when you grow up?
- What book has had the most influence on you?
- Has a movie ever brought you to tears? If so, what movie was it?
- If you were a dinosaur, which dinosaur do you think you’d be and why?
- What will be the title of your autobiography?
Now I don’t want to put any pressure on anybody, because I know not everyone likes these kinds of blogging award things. If I nominated you and you want to accept the award, the rules are listed below. If not, I still got to link to some pretty cool blogs, and that makes me happy.
- Put the award logo on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award (Okoto Enigma) and provide a link as well.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- Nominate roughly 10 – 20 people for this award.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blogs.
- Ask your nominees five questions.
- Share a link to your best/favorite post that you’ve written.
Right, almost forgot about that last thing. I’m not sure if this is my best or my favorite post, but there is a post that’s been on my mind a lot lately for some reason. It’s an old IWSG post called “Research Rant.”