Space entrepreneurs have a lot of big dreams. There’s money for space tourism and contracts with NASA, now that the space shuttle program has ended. There are also valuable resources in space.
One entrepreneur predicts that the 21st Century will become a game of “Solar System Monopoly”—something already envisioned by writers like Ben Bova and Arthur C. Clarke—and warns that the Chinese government is ready to make the first move. See “China Will Own the Moon” for more on that.
Here are this week’s sciency links.
- Spaceport America Opens With “Virgin Galactic Gateway to Space” from Universe Today.
- Investing in Virgin Galactic from Space Business Blog.
- China Will Own the Moon, Space Entrepreneur Worries from Space.com.
- Europe’s GPS Satellites Blast Off from PCWorld.
Also, the world is ending today.
- Oops! 11 Failed Doomsday Predictions from LiveScience.
One thought on “Sci Friday – Solar System Monopoly”