Here’s this week’s sciency links!
- STS-135 Mission Information from NASA. A brief profile of Space Shuttle Atlantis’s last mission.
- Last Ever Shuttle to Haul Raffaello Logistics Module to the International Space Station from Space Ref. A little more information on Atlantis’s last mission and some details about the Raffaello Module it’s carrying.
- The Risk to Waste Stored at Area G from Nuclear Watch. Wildfires are approaching the Los Alamos Nuclear Research Center in New Mexico. Although the main facility is not in danger (yet), the fire could reach 20,000 barrels of nuclear waste.
- Biosphere 2 Gets New Owner, Funding from Science Insider. Biosphere 2 is an artificially enclosed ecosystem in Arizona used to study environmental and ecological issues.
- You Can Help Bring SETI’s Ear Back Online from Bad Astronomy Blog. Funding cuts threaten to shut down the Allen Telescope Array, a critical tool in the search for extraterrestrial life.