Hello, friends!  Welcome to this month’s meeting of the Insecure Writer’s Support Group.  If you’re a writer and if you feel in any way insecure about your writing, click here to learn more about this amazingly supportive group!

In the last few weeks, I have not been writing.  Not as much as I want to, nor as much as I believe I need to.  I have my theories about why this is the case.  I could tell you about those theories, but I don’t want to.  At this point, I’m tired of talking about what’s wrong.  I’m tired of examining and reexamining the situation from all these different perspectives.  I just want to get back to writing.

And that’s the whole point of the writing recovery plan, which I introduced in last month’s IWSG post.  Part of that plan involved shopping: stocking up on writing supplies, as well as art supplies and a few other creative necessities.  And part of the plan involved rereading some of my favorite books and rewatching some of my favorite movies: the kinds of books and movies that made me want to be a writer in the first place.

Well, my shopping is done, and I’ve gone through most of my rereading/rewatching list.  But the writing?  The writing still hasn’t come back, not in the way I was hoping.  It seems that there’s still one more thing I need to do.  Something I did not think of in my original recovery plan.

Regular readers of this blog have met my muse before.  She’s sort of a recurring character in my posts, especially in these IWSG posts.  I also keep a picture of her in my personal writing sanctuary, as a reminder.  I’ve been drawing my muse basically the same way for a long time: medium blue wings, a matching blue dress, high-heel boots.  But now I think it’s time to update her look.

So going forward, to the extent that there’s any sort of canon regarding my muse, this will be her canonical look:

Also going forward, this will be the picture sitting in my writing sanctuary, as a reminder.  And now, if you’ll excuse me, I’m told that it is time to write.

1. alexjcavanaugh says:

There you go! Now she looks like a fighter.

Love the muse pic. Happy Writing.

3. emaginette says:

I say get to work. Pi$$ing her off might just get you poked with that ninja pen. hehehe

Anna from elements of emaginette

4. Winter Betancourt says:

She’s so cool! Good luck with the writing recovery!

5. Steven Rose, Jr. says:

She looks like a martial arts or samurai warrior in that cloak! That’s really neat!

6. debscarey says:

Oh I say, she’s quite something! I’m sure she’ll help with the recovery process.

Always do what the muse tells you. Hopefully her change in wardrobe will spur her to spur you on. Good luck with the writing.

8. Janet Alcorn says:

I hope your muse starts showing up for you. Good luck, and a belated happy IWSG day!

9. ahtdoucette says:

Here’s to your writing muse. I have faith in her and in you!

10. I love that you have a muse and even more that it it something that you actually drew! I find that extremely inspiring.. to look at something you created and use that to birth more creative things 🙂